Eight-Year Compilation of Agrinos Trial Data Shows Double-Digit Yield Increase
658 trials on more than 20 different crops across four continents show an average yield increase of 10.8 percent
DAVIS, Calif. (May 7, 2019)—A new compilation of field trial data collected between 2010 and 2018 shows using Agrinos’ products resulted in an average yield increase of 10.8 percent. The data set includes results from 658 trials on nearly two dozen different crops across North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
The data includes results from trials Agrinos conducted on a wide variety of commodity and specialty crops, ranging from maize and cotton to almonds and strawberries. The majority of trials in the eight-year retrospective were conducted by independent third-party research groups or in university research settings.
“Agrinos has put a premium on constantly measuring and validating the agronomic benefits of its products through rigorous research and carefully designed field trials,” said Mike Austin, Ph.D., Agrinos Global Agronomy Lead. “It’s gratifying to see the benefits of our products verified repeatedly over a long period of time and under many different growing environments, soil types and production systems.”
Yield increases of individual crops treated with Agrinos’ products ranged from four percent to 17 percent, with all crops averaging 10.8 percent. The overview also includes trials conducted on cabbage, carrots, celery, corn, eggplant, garlic, grapes, onions, melons, peanuts, peppers, potatoes, rice, soybeans, sugarcane, tomatoes and wheat among other crops.
Field trials evaluated Agrinos’ products used alone or in combination with each other against untreated grower-standard control plots and competitive biological products. Below is a sampling of Agrinos’ compiled trial data results per crop.
Global Trial Summaries
- Soybeans: 70 trials completed over eight years. Average yield increase with Agrinos’ products was 8.4%.
- Tomatoes: 54 trials completed over six years. Average yield increase with Agrinos’ products was 14.6%.
- Cotton: 25 trials completed over five years. Average yield increase with Agrinos’ products was 10.1%.
- Strawberries: 61 trials completed over four years. Average yield increase with Agrinos’ products was 10.5%.
- Rice: 17 trials completed over eight years. Average yield increase with Agrinos’ products was 7.6%.
- Wheat: 61 trials completed over five years. Average yield increase with Agrinos’ products was 7.6%.
- Corn: 129 trials completed over six years. Average yield increase with Agrinos’ products was 4.9%.
- Almonds: 15 trials completed over two years. Average yield increase with Agrinos’ products was 17%.
“It’s exciting for Agrinos to be at the forefront of the biological crop input category,” said Austin. “Our team is delivering science-based technology and innovation that’s addressing food security concerns as well as sustainability and meaningful return on investment for growers.
Agrinos’ proprietary products, developed through the High Yield Technology (HYT®) platform, have pioneered the rapidly growing crop biologicals sector. They have been proven to drive yield and quality improvements for a wide range of crops and environments across the globe.
The portfolio of products from Agrinos helps farmers achieve profitable agriculture by increasing crop productivity and quality, while improving efficiency of conventional fertilizer use and a reduced environmental footprint.
Agrinos products are also sold under these brand names: United States—iNvigorate®, B Sure® and UpLift. Mexico—MayaMagic, BioAmin and BioQuitina. Brazil—HYT™ A VitaComplex®, HYT™ B AminoVita® and HYT C MaisRaiz®.
Agrinos is a biological crop input provider committed to improving the productivity and sustainability of modern agriculture. Agrinos’ range of organic biofertilizers and biostimulant products is innovative by nature, improving the efficiency of plant nutrition and efficacy of many other crop inputs.